Tomorrow I’ll be going away for a little trip until the 2nd of January 2011!!! That means 2011 will find me somewhere else this year. Somewhere near the greek mountains and hopefully next to some snow. I haven’t seen snow since last year when I went to London, but it cannot be compared to real snow. It had melted in three days, but it was good while it lasted. Anyways, as I am a travel lover I have a few tips to share with you on what you really need to have with you (and seriously you won’t need your whole wardrobe).
Choosing the right luggage
Depending on the number of days your little get-away will last you should either pick a medium luggage for 2-4-days and a large for 5-8. If you think you need extra space in both cisrcumstances you can also carry a smaller travelling bag like this adorable, vintage, leather bag.
This is where everybody overdoes it. We think that having all of our clothes with us will give us the advantage of choice. However, we end up carrying clothes that we don’t even wear.Plus, if you go somewhere with low temperature you should bring warm clothes and not light dresses you would wear in the city. So, if you’re planning to go away these days and you have no idea what to pack,you could read the following:
- take up to 3 different pair of pants and your favourite pair of jeans.
- take one skirt and maybe 2 dresses (one formal, one casual)
- 3 to 4 different blouses
- one warm sweater!!! for the very cold days.
- one pair of boots and one pair of ballerinas or high heels (something less casual that you would wear indoors)
- one wool coat and your favourite leather jacket (or plain jacket)
You could try to mix and match your items before you put them inside the luggage to create your looks and have an idea of what you’re going to wear each day.
For Cold Weather
So you don’t freeze your a** off! Again you don’t need to take much with you. Just:
- one pair of gloves
- different colors of beanies
- one or two scarves (this one from Accessorize would be the best)
- earmuffs? not very necessary if you bring beanies with you! If not, then yes, by all means!
This is where I personally overdo it all the time! For this trip I’ve found a little trick, so I don’t bring every eyeshadow I own with me. I’m only taking one eyeshadow in golden for morning make-up and a small pallette for smokey eyes to weat at night.
What is going to be inside my make-up bag?
- MAC eyeshadow Goldmine
- Stilla pallette for smokey eyes
- Neutrogena lipbalm
- NIVEA liquid foundation
- Korres lipstick in Ice Pink
- Stilla convertible color in Poppy. Works like a lipstick or a blush
- Sephora brushes (foundation, eyeshadow, lipstick) and one stilla brush #20 eye enhancer brush
- MAC Kohl eyeliner pencil
Moisturizers and stuff
If you collect samples of day creams, perfumes and body lotions now is the time to use them! Since you don’t want any extra weight in your luggage you should take only the essentials, such as:
- shampoo & conditioner
- body lotion
- hair brush
- tooth bush & toothpaste & dental floss
- ONE perfume (I emphasize this because I tend to take more than one)
- contact lenses (+ case to store them) and product to clean them
Any extra things you can’t possibly live without. I for example took one nail polish and a few earings.
Hope this post helped you a bit. I may have not included everything one person needs on a trip, but I think the key is to make a list before you pack. That way you won’t get carried away and pack all your posessions! Happy Holidays Everyone! And a Happy New Year!